What's in this Article
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Billing and Payments; Export Invoices and Payments
- Licenses: Time & Billing
Attention: This document is only meant for those who are currently enrolled with Paysafe for Canopy Payments. This article walks you through switching from Paysafe to Adyen, our new payments facilitator.
Export Paysafe Data
Before closing your account with Paysafe and enrolling in Adyen, we strongly encourage you to export the data in your Deposits, ACH, and CC tabs on Canopy as soon as possible.
Saved Payment Methods for clients will not transfer over to the new experience. To save yourself any busy work after switching, please reach out to support and let them know that you want to transfer all payment methods. After support gives the backend team your information, they'll get to work on transferring the data to your new experience. Be advised that this project can take up to a week.
If a payment is pending and has not been paid out when you switch, contact support so that they can have our backend engineers send your data in a CSV file.
1. Click on Billing and Payments.
2. Select the Deposits tab in the Payments Dashboard.
3. In the dropdown for the date, select Custom and enter a Start and End date. Don't forget to click Apply!
4. Click on the three stacked dots on the top right and select Export CSV.
Now you'll just repeat the process for the ACH and CC tabs!
What Are The Benefits of Switching?
|No Surprise Fees||
ACH pricing - $1 per transaction; $7.50 fee per return
CC pricing - 2.75% processing fee + $0.30 transaction fee; $0.30 fee for declined payments. Chargeback fees for CC are ~$5.
Rates include all credit card types (Mastercard, AMEX) with no surprise fees. This means you won’t see random Dues and Assessment Fees tacked onto your account like before.
|Quick ACH Settlement Times||ACH payments get to your firm’s bank accounts faster with our new payments facilitator.|
|Exceptional Current and Upcoming Features||
Future payment features only apply to our new payment facilitator experience.
Some features to look forward to are:
- Adyen capital
- Payment links
- Payment portals
And much more!
|Faster Application Process||The application process is simpler and less taxing (haha). Approval times can be as short as just a few hours!|
|Clients Can Manage Payments From Anywhere||Your clients can easily add, save, and manage payment methods all under the Wallet feature in the Client Portal Mobile app.|
Statuses to Be Aware Of
The image below shows what an account that is currently enrolled with Paysafe looks like. An option pops up to join early enrollment for our new payment facilitator. Enrolling will not interrupt your current experience.
Let’s look at a few statuses you need to be familiar with!
Additional Details Needed status
Enrollment Complete status
Follow These Tips When Enrolling:
- We recommend using a computer instead of your phone to enroll.
- The legal name of the company must match exactly as it is on the Chamber of Commerce registration.
- If you recently changed your LLC name, attach the EIN letter when asked for additional registration documents.
- If your business does not have an address, the applicant needs to enter their personal address.
- Make sure you add +1 to the beginning of a phone number.
Verification of Decision-Makers
- First and Last names (no M.I. needed) need to match exactly with the SSN (or EIN).
- If you opt to upload an ID doc for decision-makers, cannot be expired or damaged.
- Images of documents (such as Driver's Licenses) must be in color, not black and white.
- Images must include the front and back of the ID in 2 separate files. Accepted file types are jpeg, jpg, png, and pdf.
- The size limit is up to 4 MB. Each upload should be only one page.
- The full document needs to be visible with all the text clear and legible.
- The applicant must be listed as one or all of the owner, controlling person, and signatory options.
- The bank account holder's name has to have the same exact name as the company.
Follow the steps below to switch over to our new payments facilitator. Please note that only Admins on your account can enroll your firm.
1. Click on your profile picture/initials on the bottom left side of Canopy.
2. Select Settings.
3. Go to Billing Settings.
4. Find the Payments tab.
Once you click the Payments tab, you’ll see this screen.
5. Click the Start enrollment button to continue.
From here, just follow the same process as new users in our Enroll in Canopy Payments article!
Back on the Payments screen in Canopy, you have a few different statuses that you might see…
This status means our new payments facilitator is reviewing the application you just submitted. Processing times vary, depending on the accuracy of the information.
After processing is complete, you’ll see a status of “Active” or...
“Additional Details Needed”.
To see exactly what details you need, select the Finish enrollment button.
- Scheduled/recurring payments will continue to run on Paysafe until the migration is complete.
- At some point, all Paysafe users will need to switch to Adyen. No exact time frame is set, but a sunset date will be communicated in the near future.
Will my payments on the current payment facilitator be stopped as soon as I start my application with the new one?
- There will be no disruption during your transition from one platform to the next.
Will the history be able to be downloaded into a file?
- Data in the payment receipts table will be retained, even after moving to Adyen. However, the deposits, CC, and ACH tabs will no longer be available. All three of these areas can be exported to a CSV file.
Will the payments I make with Paysafe look different than the payments made with Adyen in the deposit table?
- The deposit table will not contain any Paysafe-related deposits, it will only include Adyen deposits.
How will refunds be addressed with Paysafe payments after they migrate to Adyen? Can they still process a payment refund from a Paysafe payment?
- You can still refund Paysafe payments after migrating to Adyen (up to Paysafe’s limit of 1 year for refunds).
How do I initiate the CSV export? Will you do this proactively for my firm? Will I need to do it on my own?
- You can do this on your own by clicking on the three stacked dots at the top right on each page (Deposits/ACH/CC). If you need something after the fact, we can pull data for you on our end.
Will I need to do the export prior to signing up with Adyen?
- Ideally, your firm will do this before switching to Adyen.