What's in this Article
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Manage Integrations
- Licenses: Time & Billing
Sync Unmatched Contacts With QBO
Best Practice: This process works best if you complete the contact sync first. After completing the contact sync, follow this manual resolution process to add all unmatched contacts to QBO.
Any Canopy contacts that do not match a contact in QBO are not synced to QBO. In order to sync these contacts to QBO, you will have to export your Canopy contacts, upload them to QBO, and re-do the QBO connection process.
1. Navigate to the Client List in Canopy.
2. Click on the Options menu in the top-right corner.
3. Select Export Active Contacts from the drop-down menu.
Your contacts will be downloaded to a .CSV document.
4. Log in to your QBO Accountant account on the QuickBooks website.
5. Click on the Settings wheel.
6. Choose Import Data from the Tools column.
7. Select Customers.
8. Click Browse in the Select a CSV box.
9. Select the CSV file downloaded in step 2.
10. Click Next in the bottom-right corner.
11. Map the QBO fields to the fields in your CSV file.
12. Click Next in the bottom-right corner.
13. Verify that each contact you want to upload is checked.
14. Click Import in the bottom-right corner.
15. Follow the guide to Restart your QBO Integration.
Resolve Duplicate Contacts
Currently, duplicate contacts must be resolved manually for each individual in Canopy. You must complete the integration sync and then refer to the post-integration sync report sent to your email to recall which contacts are duplicates.
Best Practice: Resolving duplicate contacts works best when you have something to reference. For this reason, we recommend completing the integration sync and then referring to the post-sync report emailed to you. The report will list all unmatched and duplicate contacts that were not able to sync. Alternatively, you can complete this process in a separate tab while completing the sync. Once you've finished resolving duplicate contacts, follow the instructions to Restart your QBO Integration.