After adding the signature field, you will need to send the eSign request to your client. To get started, you must already have a signature field added to a file.
What's in this Article
- Send an eSign Request to Clients
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Create, Edit, and Assign Work
- Licenses: Document Management
1. Click Send request on the file preview screen.
2. Edit the title of the request.
Titles will default to eSign request: [File name].
3. Click the Add a due date field.
- Select a date on the popup calendar.
- A due date is optional.
4. Click Add a reminder.
- Select the frequency of the reminder from the Every drop-down menu.
- Select the duration of the reminder from the For drop-down menu.
- Reminders are optional.
5. Click Add.
6. If needed, edit the accompanying message.
7. Click Send now.
- If you opted to add a new signer in the Recipient tab, a window will populate with an option to invite them to the client portal. This is not required! Simply ensure that the box does not have a checkmark next to the custom signer's name.
- If you choose not to invite the custom signer to the client portal, the Cancel Client Portal Invite message will ask if you would like to continue sending the eSign request without sending invites to the portal. Select Send eSign request.
- Your client and new signers will receive an email alerting them to the eSign request.
- A window will pop up displaying the options to return to files or View created task.
- You will have to select an option to close the popup window and continue working in Canopy.