Teams can be given access to specified folders in Canopy. One powerful way to use this feature is to assign team permissions to folders and then assign new team members to the teams with access to the needed folders. Read and follow the Create a New Team, and Edit or Delete Teams articles for help understanding how to use Teams in Canopy.
What's in this Article
- Assign Team Permissions to Folders
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Folder Access
- Licenses: Document Management
Info: Team permissions can be assigned to folders within all files: My Files, Contact Files, and Internal Files!
To get started, navigate to a relevant folder in Canopy files.
1. Right-click on a relevant folder.
If unable to right-click, click on the Options menu, in line with the folder.
2. Select Folder access from the dropdown.
3. Using the provided search box, search for Teams and/or Team Members to grant access to the folder.
By default, all team members with access to the contact are granted access to the folder. You can change this by deselecting the All team members with contact access box.
4. Once you have granted access to all relevant teams and team members, click Done to save your changes.