Custom dates can be added to each task created in Canopy. Any dates added can be assigned a custom Date Type to help you filter and organize your tasks on the task list. To add a new date with a custom date type to a task, first, open a relevant Task in Canopy.
What's in this Article
- Add New Date Types
- Add and Filter Date Type Columns on the Task List
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Create, Edit, and Assign Work; Generic Tasks
- Licenses: Workflow
1. Click Add a tool in the Tools box of the Task Workspace.
2. Select Date from the dropdown menu.
3. Click on the Date Type field to select a custom date type.
- Only Start Date, and custom Date Types that have previously been assigned to the task are available to select.
- You can add a new Custom Date Type by typing the name of the new date type and clicking the + icon or pressing Enter on your keyboard.
4. Click on the relevant Date Type to select that date type for the task date.
5. Select a fixed or relative date.
6. Click Create.
Add and Filter Date Type Columns on the Task List
Start and Due Dates will be visible by default on the task list. You can add additional Date Type columns to the task list by selecting the relevant date types in the Task Attributes menu. To get started, navigate to your Task List.
1. Click on the Options menu in the top-right corner.
2. Select Customize task list from the pop-out menu.
3. Check the box next to each custom Date Type you want to include a column for.
This is where you can also add custom date types!
4. Click Save and close.
5. Click on the Date Type column head to apply a date filter to the column.
You can click and drag columns to arrange them differently on the task list.