There are two date types that can be created in Canopy: a relative date or a fixed date. A relative date is a date that will initialize once an event has been triggered by the criterion set in the option fields.
What's in this Article
- Add a Relative Date to Tasks
- Add a Date From the Task List
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Create, Edit, and Assign Work; Generic Tasks
- Licenses: Workflow
1. Click the Global Add Icon and then choose Create Task.
Alternatively, you can navigate to the Tasks Dashboard and select a task to edit.
2. Click Select a date in the Due date field.
4. Choose Relative date.
5. Select a time interval.
Example: Days, Weeks, Months, Years.
6. Input a number in the text field.
7. Specify if this date is Before or After the event trigger.
8. Choose Date or Status Change Event for the event trigger type.
- Selecting Status Change Event will trigger the relative date based on when the task changes status.
- Status Change Event will only be available if you selected After in the previous step.
- Two more drop-down menus will load in relation to the selection you make.
9. After selecting Status Change Event:
- Select the Task or Subtask title which will have a change in status.
- Select the Status that should trigger this relative date.
10. After selecting Date:
- Select the Task or Subtask title that already has a date associated.
- You can also default to selecting the Parent Task.
- Click the Select Task Date drop-down to select a date already created within the task.
- You can also click Date Task is Created if you wish to measure a due date or start date from the time the task was initially created in Canopy.
11. Click Add Relative Date.
Add a Date From the Task List
Dates can also be added directly from the task list. To get started, navigate to the Task List.
1. Click on one of the in-line date options.
2. Select either a fixed or relative date using the date selector pop-out.
For more information on fixed dates, refer to its help article.
3. Click Add date.