What's in this Article
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Work
- Licenses: Workflow
You can sort or filter any column - your selections will persist even after you leave the app and come back.
Related Content: Customize your task list by creating new filter views. Follow the article on Create New Filter Views on the Task List.
Filter the Task List
1. Go to Tasks on the global navigation bar.
2. Choose Tasks List from the slide-in menu.
3. Click the column header you want to sort and filter.
4. Select your preferred sort option.
For example, you can click on Sort A - Z or Sort Z - A.
5. Select your filter preferences by clicking on each category you want to include on the task dashboard.
To view all of your Notices in Canopy, Choose Notice under the Task Type filter.
6. After selecting your sort and filter options, click Apply Filter.
The task dashboard will update according to the preferences you’ve set. Your selections will persist even if you log out of Canopy and return later.
7. Click and drag columns to arrange them differently on the task list.
Change Visible Columns on the Task List
Columns can be shown or hidden on the task list according to a user's preference. Visible columns can be selected in the Customize Task List modal. The current list of available columns is:
- Parent task
- Return type
- Role(s) (learn more about Teams & Roles here.)
- Task type
- Tax year
- Due date
- Start date
- Custom date
1. Navigate to the Task List and click on the Options menu in the top-right corner.
2. Select Customize task list on the pop-out menu.
3. Ensure that the Customize columns tab is selected in the navigation column.
4. Select the filter view to change using the dropdown menu.
5. Select which Task attributes to show on the task list.
Checked items will be visible and unchecked items will be hidden.
6. Select whether to show the Start date or Due date columns.
7. Input a search into the text box to add custom date type columns to the task list.
- Select the date types to add to the Date Columns box.
- Click Done to add the selected date types.
8. Repeat step 7 as needed.
9. Click Save and close to apply your changes.
Before saving, you can make changes to other filter views by repeating steps 4 through 8. Be sure to click Save and close when finished or your changes will not be applied to your filter views.