What's in this Article
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Roles and Permissions
Viewing Canopy's Default Roles
All Canopy users have access to six (6) preset roles with preset permissions that can be applied to team members. You are able to create and tune your own roles with custom permissions to fit your specific needs.
Only Admin, and Admin (No Billing) users can assign roles to team members. A list of the permissions assigned to each role can be accessed within your Canopy settings.
To get started, navigate to your Settings in Canopy.
1. Select Roles & Permissions from the navigation column.
2. Select a Role to view.
3. Scroll through the permissions toggles to view what permissions are assigned to the selected role.
- Green toggles indicate permissions the selected role has access to.
- Grey toggles indicate permissions the selected role does not have access to.
4. Click Done to return to the Roles & Permissions page.
Assigning Roles to Team Members
1. Navigate to your Settings in Canopy.
2. Select Team Members & Teams from the left-side column.
3. Click on the Role dropdown menu in-line with a relevant team member.
4. Select a Role from the dropdown menu.
- At least one team member must be assigned to the Admin role.
- For information about creating a custom role, refer to the Customizing Roles and Permissions article.