Importing contacts into Canopy requires using a .CSV file with specific headings.
Use the templates attached to this article to make sure your .CSV file has all the correct headings and details. This will make for a seamless import process. Please note that while any user can access previously created contact import templates, only the creator or admin users can edit existing templates.
1. Click on the Canopy_Import_Template_Criteria file.
- This file will instruct you on what details to include for each column heading. For example: For the Contact Owner column, you will need to be sure you enter a valid team member email.
2. Click on the Canopy_Import_Examples file.
- This file will show you an example entry for a contact import .CSV.
3. Click on the Canopy_Import_Template file to copy the column headings in your own spreadsheet while preparing for a contact import.
4. Once you have a .CSV file exported of your contacts and you have customized it to fit the provided templates, refer to this article.