In this article:
- Update Company or Firm Information
- Add Links to Home Page
Update Company Information
Adding your firm details information to your account is a crucial! This information appears on invoices, receipts, and statements.
You can find firm information by:
- Clicking on your initials or profile picture.
- Select Settings.
- Select Company.
You'll land on the Company Information page. It’s pretty straightforward, you can add your firms:
- Name - of course!
- EIN - employer identification number
- Firm Size
- And Specialities
Naturally, you’ll find a spot to put information like the company address, as well as a spot to put your company’s website link.
One important decision you can also make here is whether you would like SSN/EINs visible or masked when editing contacts.
- Simply check the box if you don’t mind those numbers being made visible while you are editing a contact’s information.
- Otherwise, leave it unchecked to hide those numbers.
Add Commonly Used Links
Let’s flip over to the Links tab.
Links allow you to add, well, links or URL’s to your team’s dashboards or homepage. Combined with syncing email and calendars, this is another nice way of keeping all your work in one spot! Keep in mind, this is all internal - just for your team.
It’s best practice to place the most common links you and your team need quick access to - however, there is no limit to the number of links!
Some common links we’ve seen used the most include:
- Client Portal link - if you’ve set up a custom domain
- QBO logins
- Links to certain IRS-related sites
- Or, Internal company sites
To add a link:
- First add a Link Name- This is how it appears on the Home Page.
- For example, if linking to the IRS website, call it “IRS”
- Add your URL link.
- Repeat these steps for all of the links that you intend to add.
Click Save Changes when you’re finished!
Now, let’s head to the Home Page by clicking on the Canopy logo. Your Links appear right under your calendar events on the left-hand side. Your team will also see these links the way you see them on their dashboards as well.