What's in this Article
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Create and Edit Contacts
- Licenses: Client Management
Create a Contact From the Global Inbox
1. Open a relevant email in the global inbox and click on the Add to Contacts icon.
- Canopy will try to pull information from the email to pre-fill the Add Contact modal.
- You can also click on the dropdown arrow next to multiple email addresses (besides the To, CC, or BCC fields) to add a contact from those email addresses.
- If an email address already exists as a contact in Canopy, the icon next to their name will be three dots with options to view the contact or send an email.
2. Indicate whether this new contact is an Individual or a Business.
Some contact fields will differ after selecting Business.
3. Enter the client's name.
Required fields have an asterisk (*) next to them.
4. Select the contact type.
If needed, enter a Client Since date.
5. Mark the contact as an Active or Inactive contact.
For more information about Active and Inactive contacts, refer to the Marking connections as inactive contacts article.
6. If needed, enter the client's contact information.
- Some of the available information fields:
- Email address
- Phone number
- You can click Add [phone, email, or address] to add additional contact information.
7. If needed, add your client's personal information.
- Available information fields:
- Birth date
- Contact Owner
- Contact ID
- Options will vary for Business contacts.
8. Enter any Additional Information and any Tags to the client.
For more help, refer to the Custom Fields or Tags articles.
9. Click Create and manage to navigate to the Contact Profile.
Click Create and close to save your contact and resume other work in Canopy.