What's in this Article
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Access to the specific client
- Licenses: Client Management
Best Practice: You can now search for a client's External ID in the client search box.
You can always search for clients in Canopy on the Client List using Filters, but another way to navigate to a client in Canopy is through the search bar on the Global Navigation Bar or the Client List.
Search for Clients in the Client List
1. Click Clients on the global navigation bar and navigate to the Search client list search bar.
2. The client list filters as you type in your keywords/characters.
3. Click on a client to navigate to their record.
Alternatively, right-click on the row for the client to populate options within the Client List.
Search for Clients From the Navigation Bar
1. Click on the Search clients... box.
2. Begin typing a client's name, display name, external ID, email address, or phone number into the search bar.
- External IDs are usually imported as part of the Exporting Clients process when transferring clients from the previous software.
- Display names are helpful when your client uses a name other than their legal name. Currently, display names are only shown when searching from the global navigation bar or client list, and within client communications.
- Display names are not currently visible to your client on the client portal.
3. Select a client from the search results.
The Client Record will open.