What's in this Article
- Permissions: Canopy Email AI
- Licenses: Client Management
You can use the AI Assistant to help draft an email in Canopy. By doing this, you can save a ton of time while also improving emails' effectiveness. You have access to this feature from the Global + button, Global Inbox, and the Communications tab of a Client Record.
Note: Though the AI Assistant is an amazing tool, it is just that. A tool. The results will only be as good as your prompt. If you get an output that doesn't suit you, you can always revise your prompt. Your personal touch is essential to write engaging correspondence that resonates with your clients!
Use the AI Assistant to Draft an Email
The following steps start off from the Create email window.
1. Add Recipients in the To: field and add a Subject.
2. Click the AI Assistant icon.
3. Select the Draft my email option.
Notice that you need to enter info in the Subject, To, and From fields before you can draft an email.
4. Enter necessary keywords and phrases in the Draft details field.
Example: You want to email Ms. Devereaux to set up an appointment for May 2nd at 4 p.m. You also want to discuss which payment method she would prefer. She can pay through the Client Portal or she can have you process the payment from your end. To end the message, you want to offer a 5% discount on next year's tax filing if she refers 2 of her friends or family members to your firm.
In this situation, you'll enter the following prompt in the What topics should this email cover? field:
"suggest meeting at 4 pm on 5/2, which payment method they prefer (client portal or we can process), offer 5% discount next year taxes if refers 2 people to firm."
5. Select one Style.
You can choose from Business Formal, Neutral, or Casual.
6. Select up to two Tones.
There are eight tones to choose from:
7. Choose a Language.
The email can be translated to English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese.
8. Select Generate Draft.
9. Review the draft in the Draft preview section.
10. Select other Syles, Tones, and Languages, or enter other Draft details, if needed.
11. Click Regenerate Draft.
12. Select the thumbs up or thumbs down icon for better AI drafting experiences in the future.
13. Once you're finished, click Insert Draft.