What's in this Article
Firms onboard new clients every day. Information such as owners, Individual/Business, roles, tags, etc. can often be the same for certain clients or client types. It is tedious to enter information each time you create a new client.
To make managing clients easier for your firm, start by figuring out who your ideal clients or client groups are. Think about plastic surgeons, small businesses, and others that fit the bill. Once you have that sorted, you can create a client record template that includes tags, custom fields, and assigned roles. This template makes it a breeze to create new client records, saving you from doing the same thing over and over.
And guess what? You can also use these templates in bulk! That means you can update multiple client records all at once, without extra hassle. Say goodbye to unnecessary busy work! By taking advantage of these features, you'll boost productivity and have more time to focus on more important items in your firm.
Create a Client Record Template
1. In the left side panel, click Templates.
2. Select Client Record.
3. On the right, go to Add template.
4. In the Create Client Record Template, enter a Template name.
5. Select Individual or Business for the Client Type.
6. Choose a Type for the client record.
7. Toggle the switch to make clients Active or Inactive.
8. Select a Filing Status for the template.
9. Add a Contact owner if needed.
10. If applicable, enter information for your Custom Fields.
11. Apply team members and teams to the Roles and General Users/Teams sections.
Learn more about Teams & Roles here!
12. Add any relevant Tags to the template.
13. Click Save to finish creating the Client Record template.
Apply a Client Record Template
Add a client from the Global + button by:
- Clicking the Global + button.
- Selecting Add Contact.
To add a client from the Client List:
- Click Clients.
- Select Client List.
- Choose Add client.
Either option you choose will bring up the same Add Client window. From here you can simply:
- Select Templates.
- Choose a Client Record template.
Manage a Client Record Template
1. Navigate to Templates and click on Client Record.
2. Edit a template by clicking on the relevant item.
When you are finished editing, be sure to select Save.
3. To Delete a template, click the three stacked dots on the right of the relevant template and select Delete template.
Confirm the deletion before moving on.
4. To Duplicate a template, click the three stacked dots on the right of the relevant template and select Duplicate template.
Before duplicating, a window pops up giving you the option to change the duplicate template name.