What's in this Article
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Users require the same permissions to perform actions on the Virtual Drive as they would in Canopy
- i.e. To edit files, the user must have the Edit Files permission. To view internal files, the user must have Internal Files permission.
- If a user does not have the requisite permissions, they will encounter a Permission Denied (403) error on the Virtual Drive's information window.
- Licenses: Document Management
Canopy Virtual Drive, powered by odrive, allows you to interact with all of your Canopy files directly on your computer. You can drag and drop files into the Virtual Drive to upload them to Canopy, open a file in the program of your choice on your computer to edit them, or create copies of the files on your local hard drive.
Install the Canopy Virtual Drive
1. Click on your profile on the global navigation bar.
2. Select Settings from the pop-out menu.
3. Choose Integrations from the settings navigation boxes.
4. Click Download on the Virtual Drive tile.
5. Click on the downloaded file to open the installer.
This file may also be located in the Downloads folder on your PC.
6. Agree to the terms of service and then click Continue.
The installer downloads the Virtual Drive to your computer.
7. Select Yes to allow the app to make changes to your device.
The download will install and the Virtual Drive will open on your computer.
Log in to the Canopy Virtual Drive
1. On the Canopy Virtual Drive Authorization window, click Sign In.
A new window opens in your browser prompting you to sign in to Canopy.
2. Input your login information and click Sign In.
3. Click Allow to give odrive file access.
Canopy Virtual Drive is powered by odrive.
4. Return to the Virtual Drive window on your computer.
5. Click Finish on the authorization window.
The sync folder is set up. When you open your file explorer, you now see Canopy listed in the navigation.
Once you've installed the Virtual Drive, you'll be able to use it in much the same way as you use your favorite cloud storage drive (Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc).