What's in this Article
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Time
- Licenses: Time & Billing
The My Timers section of the Time Entries dashboard displays all currently active, unsaved time entries. From here you can Resume, Save, or Delete a time entry.
Notes can also be added to a timer from within this area.
Navigate the My Timers Section
1. Navigate to Time, then Time Entries in the secondary menu.
2. To resume a timer, click the Play icon in line with a relevant timer.
To pause an active timer, click the Pause icon in line with a relevant timer.
3. To save a timer, click the Save icon in line with a relevant timer.
Saved time entries will move to the Saved Time section of the dashboard.
4. To delete an unsaved timer, click the Delete icon in line with a relevant timer.
- If a timer is deleted accidentally, the action can be undone by clicking Undo in the information popup.
- Once the information popup has disappeared, deleted timers are discarded permanently.
5. To add a Contact to a timer, click on the in-line Contact dropdown menu.
- Search for a contact in the dropdown menu and select the applicable contact.
- New contacts can only be added to empty contact fields. If a contact is already assigned to a timer, selecting a new contact will delete the previously selected contact.
- To remove a Contact from a time entry, click Clear selection in the dropdown menu.
6. To assign the timer to a task, click on the Task dropdown menu.
- Select a Task associated with the contact.
- To unassign the task, click Clear selection in the dropdown menu.
7. To assign the timer to a subtask, click on the Subtask dropdown menu.
- Select a Subtask associated with the assigned Task.
- To unassign the subtask, click Clear selection in the dropdown menu.