What's in this Article
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Manage Active/Inactive Clients
- Licenses: Client Management
Inactive Client Permissions:
Please note, that some features listed are only available for tax resolution licenses.
Inactive clients do not count toward your account billing.
Inactive clients do not have access to the client portal.
You can only create Notes, Calendar events, Resolution Cases, Notices, Transcripts, and Emails for Inactive clients.
Only the Home, Notes, Communication, and Resolution Cases tabs are visible on an inactive client's profile.
You can filter Inactive clients from the clients list.
You can add spouses to the primary client's client portal. Client your accountant and ask them to add your email to your spouse's client portal.
Once you add a connection to a primary client, you can edit the client to ensure that they are marked as inactive. Primary clients are those you want to add a connection to.
Mark Connections as Inactive
1. Go to the profile of a primary client in Canopy and click on the options menu in-line with a relevant connection.
2. Choose Edit from the dropdown menu.
3. If necessary, switch the Active toggle to grey.
If the Active toggle is grey, it will mark the client as Inactive and will not count toward your limit.
If the Active toggle is green, it will mark the client as Active and will count toward your limit.