What's in this Article
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Manage Active/Inactive Contacts
- Licenses: Client Management
Inactive Client Permissions:
Please note, some features listed are only available for tax resolution licenses.
Inactive contacts do not count toward your contact billing.
Inactive contacts do not have access to the client portal.
You can only create Notes, Calendar events, Engagements, Notices, Transcripts, and Emails for Inactive clients.
Only the Home, Notes, Communication, and Engagements tabs are visible on an inactive client's profile.
You can filter Inactive contacts from the contacts list.
You can add spouses to the primary contact's client portal. Contact your accountant and ask them to add your email to your spouse's client portal.
Once you add a connection to a primary contact, you can edit the client to ensure that they are marked as inactive. Primary contacts are those you want to add a connection to.
Mark Connections as Inactive
1. Go to the profile of a primary client in Canopy and click on the options menu in-line with a relevant connection.
2. Choose Edit from the dropdown menu.
3. If necessary, switch the Active toggle to grey.
If the Active toggle is grey, it will mark the client as Inactive and will not count toward your contact limit.
If the Active toggle is green, it will mark the client as Active and will count toward your contact limit.