What's in this Article
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Manage Integrations
- Licenses: Time & Billing
QuickBooks Online (QBO) can be integrated with your Canopy account to help sync Contacts, Invoices, and Service Items between each application. Once connected, whenever a client, invoice, or service item is created in Canopy, it's automatically synced to QBO. Contacts and service items created in QBO are also synced to Canopy.
Begin the Integration Sync and Sync Your Contacts With QBO
1. Navigate to your Settings page in Canopy.
2. Select Integrations from the left-side column.
3. Find the QBO integration and click Connect.
If the Connect button is greyed out, your account either does not have the Manage Integrations permission activated, or you are using a freemium or legacy account. To fix this, please upgrade your account to a paid account and ensure that your account is assigned a role with the Manage Integrations permission activated.
4. Enter your QBO login information in the pop-up window. Click Sign In.
5. Read and understand the data-sharing agreement. Click Connect to continue.
6. Read through the recommended steps for successful integration. Select which contacts to import.
- You can choose All contacts, Active contacts, or Inactive contacts.
- Selecting Active or Inactive contacts will specify that only Active or Inactive contacts in QBO will be brought to Canopy.
- Names of your Canopy contacts should match the names of your QBO contacts.
- Any active customers in QBO that don't match a contact in Canopy will be created as a new contact in Canopy.
Info: If your import exceeds 300 records, the view is paginated. You can flip through the pages using the arrows at the bottom of the list.
7. Click Start to begin the integration sync.
8. Click through each navigation item on the left to check your contact sync information.
Alternatively, you can click Next to cycle through navigation items.
9. Once all navigation items are complete, click Sync contacts.
- Your QBO contacts will be synced with your Canopy account and you will return to the Integrations page.
- All contacts created in QBO or Canopy going forward will be automatically synced to the other software.
- Unmatched Contacts will NOT be synced.
- Duplicate Contacts will NOT be synced.
Additional Help: Please refer to the knowledge base article for guidance on how to Resolve Duplicate and Unmatched Contacts.
Sync Your Invoices and Service Items With QBO
The next step in the QBO Integration setup process will help you to sync your invoices and service items with QBO. Once synced, all service items or invoices created in Canopy will be automatically synced to QBO, and vice versa.
Please Note: This feature is not available for users who have purchased the Transcripts and Notices standalone module.
1. Click Next on the integration setup page.
2. Click Start to begin the sync setup.
Alternatively, you may choose to Skip Service Items & Invoices.
3. Review your matched and unmatched service items. Cycle through menus using the left-side column or by clicking Next.
Please note, Unmatched service items will not sync. To fix any unmatched service items, you will need to ensure that service items in Canopy match the name, rate, and SKU of a service item in QBO.
- Once you have confirmed that the service items are matched, you will need to repeat the QBO sync process.
4. Once all necessary service items match, click Sync service items.
5. Click Finish.
- All Service Items and Invoices will be synced between Canopy and QBO.
- Going forward, any new Service Items or Invoices created in Canopy will be automatically synced to QBO.
- Additionally, all Service Items created in QBO will now also automatically sync to Canopy.