What's in this Article
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: N/A
- Licenses: Client Management
Global Inbox brings all your emails into Canopy to speed up your workflow and limit the number of browser tabs or windows open at once.
Within the global inbox, you can read, delete, archive, and reply to all your emails. You can also send emails to your Canopy contacts and attach files to your drafted emails.
Use the Global Inbox
1. To get started with the global inbox, make sure that you've connected an email account to Canopy.
2. Click on the Inbox icon on the global navigation bar.
- This icon updates with a red number circle, indicating the number of unread emails in your inbox.
- The global inbox opens to the Inbox folder by default.
3. Click the folder dropdown menu to change which folder to display.
Select an available folder to view.
4. Select an email in the left-side column to open the email conversation.
5. Click on the Star icon to mark an email as a Favorite.
6. Click on the checkbox next to each email to select multiple emails and view bulk email actions.
- Bulk email actions include Mark as unread, mark as read, archive, and delete.
- Some folders, such as Drafts and Deleted, do not show all the bulk email options.
- Emails cannot be permanently deleted from within Canopy. To permanently delete an email, you should do it from your email provider's application.
7. Click the Account dropdown menu in the top right corner to change your selected email account.
- Select a different connected account in Canopy.
- Click +Add Email Account to connect an additional account to Canopy. Follow the Connect an email account guide to set up an additional email.
8. Type in the top Search bar to search your inbox.
- Search looks through emails, contact names, and text included in any email attachments.
- Refer to these links for search operators that work with your email provider: Gmail, Exchange/Outlook, Yahoo, or any basic IMAP email provider.
9. To send an email, click Create email.
10. Search for your Canopy contacts in the Add recipients box.
Open more boxes for CCs and BCCs by clicking the associated links.
11. Input a Subject in the subject box.
12. Use Canopy's editing tools to format your email.
You can set up a custom email signature by following our Knowledge Base article.
13. Click on the Attachment icon to attach a new or existing file from Canopy files.
- You can add existing files from Contact files, Internal files, or My files in Canopy.
- Select a file and click Choose to add the file to your email.