What's in this Article
The timer feature helps to easily record your time spent on a contact within the mobile app. The process is simple: select the timer feature, pick your client, assign tasks/subtasks, and even add notes! Go ahead and do your work and when you are finished, follow the next steps to save the time entry.
Create a Timer
1. In the Canopy app, select the blue + icon.
2. Select Timer.
3. Choose the client for whom you would like to start a timer.
4. In the timer pop-up, choose the related Task.
5. If needed, choose a Subtask.
6. Add a Note if you choose.
7. Press Continue.
Once the timer window closes, you will be able to see all My active timers.
Save a Timer
1. Tap the Clients tab.
2. Select the desired client.
3. Tap on the Timers icon on the top right side of the client record.
4. On the in-line timer, tap on the three stacked dots.
5. Tap Save.
6. Choose the applicable service under the Service drop-down.
7. Select the task in the Task drop-down.
8. If needed, select the associated Subtask.
9. If needed, add a Note.
10. Switch the Billable time option on or off.