What's in this Article
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Any
- Licenses: Client Management
Related Content: One of the most powerful ways to filter the client list is to create new filter views. Follow the article on Create New Filter Views on the Client List.
You can sort or filter any column - your selections will remain even after you log out and come back.
To get started, select Clients on the global navigation bar. Choose Client List from the slide-in menu.
Filter the Client List
1. Click the header of the column you want to sort and filter.
2. Click on your preferred sort option.
For example, you can click on Sort A - Z or Sort Z - A, or you can select conditions and values.
3. Select your filter preferences by clicking on each category you want to include on the Client List.
To view all of your Assigned Clients in Canopy, Choose your name under the Client Owner filter.
4. After selecting your sort and filter options, click Apply.
The Client List will update according to the preferences you’ve set. Your selections will persist even if you log out of Canopy and return later.
5. Click and drag columns to arrange them differently on the Client List.
Change Visible Columns on the Client List
Columns can be shown or hidden on the Client List according to a user's preference. Visible columns can be selected in the Customize Client List modal. Choose any option within the Client attributes, Firm attributes, Business attributes, or Custom fields sections.
To get started, navigate to the Client List in Canopy.
1. Click on the three vertical bars on the left side of the page.
2. Ensure that the Customize columns tab is selected in the navigation column.
4. Select the filter view to change using the dropdown menu.
5. Select which Client attributes, Firm attributes, Business attributes, and Custom fields to show on the Client List.
Checked items will be visible and unchecked items will be hidden.
6. Click Done to apply your changes.
Before saving, you can make changes to other filter views by repeating steps 2 through 5. Be sure to click Done when finished or your changes will not be applied to your filter views.