What's in this Article
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Manage Integrations
- Licenses: Time & Billing
Any Canopy clients that do not match a contact in QBO will not be synced to QBO. In order to sync these clients to QBO, you will have to export your Canopy clients, upload them to QBO, and go through the QBO connection process again.
Sync Unmatched Clients With QBO
Best Practice: This process works best if you complete the contact sync first. After completing the contact sync, follow this manual resolution process to add all unmatched clients to QBO.
1. Navigate to the Client List in Canopy and click on the Options menu in the top-right corner.
2. Select Export filtered list from the drop-down menu.
Reminder: Double-check that the correct list is selected prior to export!
Your clients will be downloaded to a .CSV document.
3. Log in to your QBO Accountant account on the QuickBooks website.
4. Click on the Settings cog.
5. Choose Import Data from the Tools column.
6. Select Customers.
7. Click Browse in the Select a CSV box.
8. Select the CSV file you downloaded in step 2.
9. Click Next in the bottom-right corner.
10. Map the QBO fields to the fields in your CSV file.
11. Click Next in the bottom-right corner.
12. Ensure that each client you wish to upload is checked.
13. Click Import in the bottom-right corner.
14. Follow the guide to Restart your QBO Integration.
Resolve Duplicate Clients
Currently, duplicate clients must be resolved manually for each individual in Canopy. It is recommended that you complete the integration sync and then refer to the post-integration sync report sent to your email to recall which clients are duplicates. To get started, navigate to your Client List in Canopy.
Best Practice: Resolving duplicate clients works best when you have something to reference. For this reason, we recommend completing the integration sync first and then referring to the post-sync report that is emailed to you. The report will list all unmatched and duplicate clients that were not able to sync. Alternatively, you can complete this process in a separate tab while completing the sync. Once you've finished resolving duplicate clients, follow the instructions to Restart your QBO Integration.