What's in this Article
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Access to the Contact; Invoices; Create, Edit & Send Invoices; Create, Edit & Refund Payments
- Licenses: Time & Billing
Recurring Payments allow you to set a cadence of scheduled payments toward a client's recurring invoice. For help creating a recurring invoice, click here.
Please Note: If you sign up with Canopy Payments under an Individual entity, you are not able to save client payment information. Therefore, the recurring payments feature will not be available to those users.
- To set up recurring payments, you must be enrolled in Canopy Payments.
- The recurring payments toggle cannot be activated until a Contact Name has been assigned to the invoice.
- Time Entries cannot be added to invoices that have recurring payments active.
Set Up Recurring Payments
1. Click on the Global + Button and select Payment from the slide-in menu.
2. Search for and select a Contact to apply the payment to.
You must have a Recurring Invoice set up to apply the payment to.
3. Select Recurring payment from the Payment type dropdown.
4. Choose a recurring invoice in the Select recurring series box.
The payment series will only apply to future invoices. Previously sent invoices will require a one-time payment entry to pay off.
5. Use the Pay on dropdown to charge the payment on either the Due Date or the Invoice Date.
6. Click Continue.
7. Select a Payment method for the payment.
- Refer to the knowledge base article for Saving Client Payment Information for help adding new payment methods.
- Default payment methods are chosen by default.
8. Click Continue.