What's in this Article
- There is no way to undo the Bulk Copy File action.
You cannot copy a file to active and inactive clients at the same time.
Bulk Copy Files
1. Select Clients in the Nav bar and Client List.
Canopy Note: You can only use the Bulk Copy File function in the new client list. However, the files will still populate even if you switch to the previous client list.
2. Click the boxes next to a client's name to bulk copy files.
3. Click the three stacked dots on the right side of the list and select Bulk copy files.
4. Select Internal files, My files, or Recently viewed to find the file.
5. Choose the file you want to copy and click Select.
To select multiple files press shift as you click on the needed documents. To select a whole list of files:
- Press Shift.
- Click the file at the beginning of your list.
- Scroll down and click the last file on the list.
The feature is only available for files. You cannot Bulk Copy folders yet. An error message populates when a folder is selected, rather than a file.
6. This message appears at the bottom of your screen.
Verify a Successful Bulk Copy File Action
Depending on your notification settings, you will receive confirmation via email and/or the Notifications area in Canopy. Your email and/or notification center shows whether the copy action was fully successful, partially successful, or completely unsuccessful.
The email notification looks like this:
1. Click your profile and Notifications to view Notifications.
The Notification area shows this:
Canopy Note: Copying files to a few clients is fast, but it could take some time for a bulk set of clients to show files copied over.
1. Click your profile picture and then Activity log to review the action.
The action looks like this in the Activity log: