What's in this Article
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Letter Templates
- Licenses: Client Management
Letter templates make it easy to save frequently used letters and send them with resolution cases to your clients.
You can also upload a .docx file as a template as well! Once uploaded, you can make more changes to the document without having to format it again.
Create a Letter Template
1. Click on Templates and select Letter on the slide-out menu.
2. Click Create new letter template.
If you have never saved a letter template before, click Add Your First Template.
3. Type a title for your template in the Name Your Template field.
For more guidance on creating your letter, refer to the Create an Engagement Letter article.
4. Click Save Template.
The letter generator will load.
5. Use the editing tools to create and format your letter as needed.
6. Add boilerplate text by clicking Insert boilerplate text.
7. Add merge fields to the letter by clicking Insert merge field.
Merge fields will automatically update to match the information for each specific letter.
Note: Insert custom merge fields by selecting Custom Fields under the Insert merge field list. Click here for more information on creating custom fields!
8. Select Save and exit to save your changes and return to the letter templates list.
Upload a .docx File
If you have previously saved documents on your computer that you want to use for letter templates, you can choose to upload those into Canopy.
1. On the Letter Templates page, press the Upload .docx File button.
2. Drag and drop a file from your computer or select a file.
Heads Up: To be editable in Canopy, the file you upload must be a .docx file.
Your file appears in the Letter Templates list. You can now select it and begin making edits to it, adding boilerplate language or merging fields.