What's in this Article
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Time
- Licenses: Time & Billing
Start a timer from anywhere in Canopy without disrupting your other work. When you’re ready, you can choose to pause, discard, or save the time entry. Time entries can be viewed and managed from the Time Entries dashboard.
Note the timer does not record time past midnight of the same day the timer was started. You will be prompted to either discard or save the time entry.
Run a Timer
1. Click Time on the global navigation bar.
2. Click Start new timer on the slide-in menu.
- Click the Select contact field to add a contact to the timer.
- Click the Search for a task field to associate the timer with a specific task.
- Click the Search for a subtask field to associate the timer with a specific subtask.
- Click the What are you working on? field to add a title to the timer.
3. Click Play on any existing timer to resume the timer for that task.
- Multiple timers cannot run simultaneously, only one timer can run at a time.
- A timer already running when you start a new timer or click play on an existing timer will pause.
- Paused timers will display in the Time menu until they are discarded or saved. These timers can also be viewed in the Time Entries dashboard.
4. Click Save to save your time entry.
- Saved time entries will not display in the Time menu.
- Saved time entries can be viewed in the Time Entries dashboard.
5. Click the X to close the Time menu.
- If you have started a timer, it continues running even when the window closes.
- Timers will not run across several days.
- At midnight, the timer will stop and upon your next login, you will be prompted to either save the time entry or discard it.