What's in this Article
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Create, Edit, and Send Invoices
- Licenses: Time & Billing
You can add time entries to an invoice by navigating to the Time Entries screen.
Add Time Entries to an Invoice
1. To get started, navigate to a contact in Canopy.
2. Click on the Billing tab.
3. Select Invoices on the left of the Billing tab.
4. Click the Invoice # to include a time entry.
You can only attach time entries to unpaid invoices.
5. Click the three stacked dots and then select the option to Edit the invoice.
6. Click +Add saved time.
- The time entry is indicated by the time entry icon on the left side of the line item.
- For more information on invoices, refer to the Creating an Invoice article and video.
7. Select the boxes in line with the desired time entries and click Invoice Entries.
You'll see the invoice update containing the newly-added time entry.
8. Click Preview changes.
9. On the Preview screen, click Send.
Alternatively, you can Save, Download, or Print from the preview screen.
Remove Time Entries From an Invoice
1. Navigate to the billing tab on the Contact Profile.
2. Choose Invoices from the side menu.
3. Click the blue link in the Invoice # column in-line with the time entry you wish to edit.
4. Click Edit on the Invoice screen.
5. Click the in line with a time entry to remove it from the invoice.
This will not remove the time entry from Canopy. It will simply edit the current invoice.
Link a Time Entry to an Invoice From the WIP Report
1. Click Time on the global navigation bar.
2. Select WIP Report from the slide-in menu.
3. As needed, change the date filter by clicking on the date dropdown menu.
4. Select a Contact from the list.
5. Check all time entries you want to add to an invoice.
6. Click Add to invoice.
7. Select whether to Create a new invoice or Link to an existing invoice.
For new invoices, refer to the Create an Invoice article for more help.
8. Select an invoice on the slide-in panel.
- You may need to filter the recent invoices panel or add a recurring invoice to the selected client.
- Any invoice can be selected except for archived invoices.
9. Click Link to invoice.
The time entry links to the selected invoice.
Auto-Link Time Entries for Recurring Invoices
Auto-Linking Time Entries:
Additional WIP Report Column:
Editing Existing Recurrences:
Removing Service Items:
Time Entry Linking Process:
Time entries auto-link to the next outstanding invoice and link when Canopy creates the invoice. Through this process, the WIP report displays these entries, clearly showing the scheduled auto-link.