What's in this Article
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Teams
- Licenses: Any
Team members can be assigned to specific teams, with different access and permissions in Canopy.
Best Practice: One powerful way to utilize teams is to set folder permissions (and more, as functionality grows) for different teams. When you onboard new team members, you can add them to a specific team and have all of the team's permissions immediately apply to the new team member. No more sharing each file and folder with new team members one file at a time.
Create a New Team
1. Navigate to your Settings in Canopy and click on the Team Members & Teams in the left-side column.
2. Click on the Teams tab.
3. Click on the Create a team button.
4. Enter a Team name in the provided text box.
5. Click on the Select team members dropdown menu.
6. Click on each team member you want to add to the new team.
- You can search for team members using the provided search box.
- Selected team members are indicated with a green checkbox.
7. Click Done to close the team member selection dropdown.