Team members can be assigned to specific teams in Canopy. Teams can be given different access and permissions in Canopy and will be the focus of future updates.
To get started creating a team, navigate to your Settings in Canopy.
What's in this Article
- Create a New Team
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Teams
- Licenses: Any
Best Practice: One powerful way to utilize teams is to set folder permissions (and more, as functionality grows) for different teams. When you onboard new team members, you can add them to a specific team and have all of the team's permissions immediately apply to the new team member. No more sharing each file and folder with new team members one file at a time.
1. Click on the Team Members & Teams in the left-side column.
2. Click on the Teams tab.
3. Click on the Create a team button.
4. Enter a Team name in the provided text box.
5. Click on the Select team members dropdown menu.
6. Click on each team member you want to add to the new team.
- You can search for team members using the provided search box.
- Selected team members are indicated with a green checkbox.
7. Click Done to close the team member selection dropdown.
8. Click Create team to add all selected team members to the new team.