What's in this Article
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Contact email; Create, Edit, and Assign Work; Generic Tasks
- Licenses: Workflow
You can create new tasks within an email in the global inbox. Some of the task's information fields will pre-fill using the information from the email, such as the Task Name, Contact, and Email fields. Tasks created from an email in the global inbox will have the email attached so that users can quickly access the email while working on the task.
Only the owner of a specific email can perform actions on the email overlay in the task workspace.
Create a Task From the Global Inbox
1. To get started, navigate to the Global Inbox in Canopy.
2. Open a relevant email to create a task.
3. Click on the circle with a checkmark in the top-right to create a task.
View tasks created for the selected email by clicking on the adjacent dropdown menu. You can click on each task to navigate to the created task from the email.
4. Fill out any relevant information for the new task. Some information pulls from the email to pre-populate the Create Task modal.
- If an email contains multiple contacts in the thread, the Contact field will be blank.
- You can only attach emails to new tasks. Existing tasks cannot have emails attached to them.
5. As needed, click Template to select a template for the new task.
Select a Template and click Apply.
6. After entering all relevant task information, click Create and Manage to go to the task workspace.
Alternatively, click Create and Close to return to the global inbox.
Manage a Task on the Task Workspace
1. Start a timer for the task by clicking the Timer icon.
2. Set a task's priority by clicking the priority tag.
Select from High, Medium, Low, or No Priority.
3. Change the Status of a task by clicking on the status dropdown.
Select a preset status, or add a custom status.
4. As needed, select Add a tool to add elements to a task.
5. Add a File or a Note to the task by clicking the Add icon (+) in their associated box.
6. Add subtasks or client requests to the task by clicking their respective buttons in the Subtasks box.