What's in this Article
- Permission Set: Admin
- Permissions: Access and Permissions
- Licenses: CRM
Viewing Canopy's Default Permission Sets
All Canopy users have access to six preset permissions that can be applied to team members.
- Admin (No Billing)
- Staff (All Contacts)
- Staff (All Contacts, No Billing)
- Staff (Assigned Contacts)
- Staff (Assigned Contacts, No Billing)
View a default permission set's active toggles by:
- Clicking on your profile picture on the bottom left corner of Canopy
- Selecting Settings
- Choosing Access and Permissions
- Selecting one of the default permission sets
- Reviewing the permissions that are on/off
The default permission sets cannot be changed. Instead of editing, you can duplicate it and create a custom permission set. You can create and tune your permission sets with custom permissions to fit your firm's specific needs.
Only Admin and Admin (No Billing) users can assign permission sets to team members. A list of the permissions assigned to each set can be accessed within your Canopy settings.
1. To get started, navigate to your Settings in Canopy.
2. Select Access & Permissions from the navigation column.
3. Select a permission set to view.
4. Scroll through the permissions toggles to view which ones are set for the selected set.
- Green toggles indicate what the selected permission set can access.
- Grey toggles indicate what the selected permission set cannot access.
5. Click Done to return to the Access & Permissions page.
Assigning Permission Sets to Team Members
1. Navigate to your Settings in Canopy.
2. Select Team Organization from the left-side column.
3. Click on the Permission Set dropdown menu in line with a relevant name.
4. Select a permission set from the dropdown menu.
- At least one team member must be assigned to the Admin permission set.
- For information about creating a custom permission set, refer to the Customizing Access and Permissions article.