What's in this Article
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Resolution Cases
- Licenses: CRM
Creating a Resolution Case from a client record lets you:
- Generate forms
- Send client surveys
- Send engagement letters
- Complete other functions relating to your client’s tax resolution case.
Create a Resolution Case
1. Click Clients on the global navigation bar and choose Client List to get started.
2. Click on a Client.
The client record will load.
3. Click Create resolution case from the Home tab.
The "Resolution Case Details" window will load.
4. Type in a resolution case Name and Description.
5. Select an appropriate response under Is this resolution case for an individual taxpayer?
- If the client’s case requires both individual and business forms, you need to create both types of resolution cases.
- An answer may be already selected according to the client's information entered in Canopy.
- For users with a Tax Resolution license:
- By creating an individual resolution case, Canopy will generate 433-A collection survey and related IRS forms (433-A, 433-A (OIC), 2848, 656).
- By creating a business resolution case, Canopy will generate the 433-B collection survey and related IRS forms (433-B, 433-B (OIC), 2848, and 6556).
6. Select a Due date.
7. Click the toggle switch for each service you will offer for this resolution case.
Services activated will be set to green.
8. Click Create resolution case.
- The resolution case screen will load.
- You can navigate through different steps or forms in the resolution case from the column on the left side of the screen.
- Guidance on how to create custom services that would display on this list can be found in the Create Custom Service Templates article.