What's in this Article
Tasks can also be created on the Tasks tab on Mobile.
Create a Task from the Tasks List
1. Log in to the mobile app and select the Tasks tab.
The Tasks tab opens by default when you log in.
2. Tap the Global Add Button.
3. Tap Task to open the Create Task card.
4. Enter a Task Name.
5. Tap Apply template to apply a template.
6. Assign a Client to the task.
7. Change the Assignee as needed.
The task creator will be included in the Assignee field by default.
Teams & Roles: Teams & Roles can now be assigned to clients, tasks, subtasks, and client requests in the app. To learn more, visit the Explore Teams & Roles section of the Knowledge Base.
8. Switch on or off the Assign to all option.
9. Enter the Budget hours for the task.
10. Select a Priority level.
11. Add a description to the task.
12. Add a Start date.
13. Add a Due date to the task.
14. Tap the Recurring toggle on to repeat the task.
Under the Completion option, set a cadence for the recurring task. Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly are the provided options.
Under the Due date schedule option, set a cadence for the recurring task and set a creation date for future tasks. You must enter a fixed due date when creating the task for recurrences to populate.
Note: As a tax practitioner, you may want to filter tasks by tax year or return type for quick access and easy reference. The best way to use this feature is to enter data in the Tax Year and Return Type fields when creating tasks. You can find these fields under the Tax prep fields toggle.
15. Tap Create and manage to create and assign the task to your client.
You can also choose Create and save to come back later.