Transcripts can only be reviewed after they have been requested. To learn more about requesting a transcript, refer to the Request a Client Transcript article. To get started, navigate to a particular transcript in Canopy.
What's in this Article
- Review Transcripts Documents
- Compare Transcript Documents Versions
- Save Transcripts to a Contact's Files
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Transcripts
- Licenses: Transcripts & Notices
1. Click Files on the global navigation bar.
2. Choose Transcripts from the slide-in menu.
3. Select a transcript.
4. Select a report or document.
Options include Account Transcript, Wage and Income, Tax Return Transcript, Record of Account, and Verification of Non-Filing.
- Depending on the type of transcript you requested, your options may vary.
- Click Download All to download all the documents to your computer.
5. Click on the Options menu to see available actions.
6. Select Print, Download, Save to Canopy Files, or Transcripts Settings.
Compare Transcript Documents Versions
If Transcripts have been requested multiple times for a client, you will see the option to compare transcript versions. When compared, indications will be added to the requested documents to highlight what differences exist between selected versions. To get started, navigate to the Transcripts Dashboard in Canopy.
1. Select a client for whom you have made multiple transcripts requests.
2. On the left side column, select which version of the document you want to view using the provided dropdown.
3. Toggle the Compare versions switch.
4. Using the Comparing with dropdown, select which transcript request you wish to compare with.
5. Differences between the two versions will be indicated by a blue dot on the navigation column.
Save Transcripts to a Contact's Files
You can also save Transcript reports and documents to a contact's file folder. To do this, navigate to the Transcripts tab of a contact's profile.
1. Click the Save to Canopy files folder icon under the stacked dots that is in line with an Account Overview section.
2. Choose All reports or Select individual reports.
If Select individual reports is chosen, check the box for the report you want to save.
3. Choose which folder to save the report to, and click Save.