What's in this Article
You can pay any outstanding invoices to your accountant through the client portal. You can view sent invoices in the Billing section of your client portal. If your accountant enrolled in Canopy Payments, you can make full or partial payments on invoices in the client portal. You can only view invoices in the client portal if your accountant did not enroll in Canopy Payments. If you don't see an option to pay through the portal, ask them to enroll in Canopy Payments.
Make a Payment
1. Log in to your Client Portal and go to the Billing section on the left.
2. Select an Invoice to pay. Or, you can click Make a payment.
3. Select each outstanding invoice you want to apply a payment to by clicking the in-line checkbox.
4. Input a new number into an invoice's provided payment amount box to make a partial payment.
Making an Additional Payment: You can make a payment to your accountant without an invoice. Additional payments are also known as retainers, pre-payments, or payments without an invoice. You use additional payments to pre-pay for a service or make a payment to your account but prefer the accountant to decide where the payment goes.
To make an additional payment, toggle the switch on in the Make a Payment window and enter an amount in the provided field. Please note that this payment is not added to any invoices. It automatically creates a credit on your account.
5. Confirm the Total Payment amount and click Continue.
6. Change the Payment date to change when your payment posts to your account.
7. Select a Payment method for your payment.
- A star indicates the default payment method has a star next to it and is automatically selected.
- You can add a new payment method by clicking Use another payment method.