What's in this Article
You can pay any outstanding invoices to your accountant through the client portal. You can view sent invoices in the Billing section of your client portal. If your accountant enrolled in Canopy Payments, you can make full or partial payments on invoices in the client portal. You can only view invoices in the client portal if your accountant did not enroll in Canopy Payments. If you don't see an option to pay through the portal, ask them to enroll in Canopy Payments.
Make a Payment
1. Log in to the Client Portal and go to the Billing section on the left side.
2. Select an Invoice to pay. Or, you can click Make a payment.
3. Select each outstanding invoice you want to apply a payment to by clicking the in-line checkbox.
4. Input a new number into an invoice's provided payment amount box to make a partial payment.
5. Confirm the Total Payment amount and click Continue.
6. Change the Payment date to change when your payment posts to your account.
7. Select a Payment method for your payment.
- A star indicates the default payment method has a star next to it and is automatically selected.
- You can add a new payment method by clicking Use another payment method.
8. Click Continue.
9. Verify your payment information is correct and click Confirm and pay.
Make an Account Payment
You can make a payment to your accountant without an invoice. Account payments are also known as retainers, pre-payments, or payments without an invoice. You use account payments to pre-pay for a service or make a payment to your account but prefer the accountant to decide where the payment goes.
1. Navigate to the Billing section using the navigation bar.
2. Click Make a payment.
3. Deselect any outstanding invoices.
We usually recommend that you make your payment towards an outstanding invoice.
4. In the Account Payment box, enter the amount you want to pay towards your account.
5. Click Continue.
6. Select a payment method to make the payment with.
7. Click Continue.
8. Verify the payment information and click Confirm and pay.