What's in this Article
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Create, Edit, & Refund Payments
- Licenses: Time & Billing
Refunds with Paysafe: Refunds with Paysafe can only be applied to payments under $500.00. If a refund is over $500.00, it will automatically decline and you will have to process the refund outside of Canopy.
Refunds can be issued in-app to users who have made a payment. This guide will show you how to issue a refund for a credit card payment and an ACH bank payment in Canopy.
Issue a Refund
1. Click Billing and select Payments from the secondary navigation panel.
2. Click the Payment # for the payment you want to be refunded.
As needed, you can filter the payments list by clicking on any of the column headers.
3. Click on the Refund payment button on the receipt popup.
Issue a Refund for a Credit Card or ACH Payment
4. Verify that all of the information is correct.
- Refunds will be issued to the card or bank account that was used to make the payment.
- The refund date will default to the current day.
- Refunds can only be made in the full amount.
5. If needed, add any notes in the provided text box.
6. Click Process refund to initiate the refund.
- A confirmation screen will pop up, showing all refund information
- You can Print or Download the receipt information by clicking the associated icons on the confirmation screen.
- Click Done to close the confirmation screen and return to the payment report.