Inviting a client to Canopy enables your client to share files, complete the client survey, pay invoices, and more. Bulk client invites can be sent using the Client Portal manager. Individual invites can be sent in a variety of circumstances but utilize the same Client Portal pop-up window.
What's in this Article
- Invite Clients to the Client Portal
- Invite Clients to the Client Portal in Bulk
- Review Client Portal Access
- Send Client Portal Invites Throughout Canopy
- Send Client Portal Invites From a Contact Record
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Access "Manage Client Portals"
- Licenses: Client Management
Use the Client Portal Manager
The Client Portal Manager allows admins to see who’s been invited to the Client Portal, when the user last logged in, and what contact records the user has access to. You can also send and resend invites to the client portal in bulk. This will save plenty of time by not having to access each individual contact record to view these details and resend invitations to the Client Portal.
To get started, click Contacts on the global navigation bar.
1. Choose Manage Client Portals.
Invite Clients to the Client Portal in Bulk
Invite multiple clients at one time using the client portal manager. If needed, you can invite an individual client through the same process. Our best practice recommendation is to utilize the Client Portal Manager as much as possible.
1. Click Without client portals to view a list of your contacts that have no recorded access to the Client Portal.
2. Click the checkbox in line with each contact you wish to invite to the Client Portal.
If there is no email address listed for the contact, the checkbox will not be available to click.
3. Click Send Invite.
4. If needed, toggle the Include a personalized message switch to add a message to the Client Portal invite email.
If available, click the Templates icon to use an email template for your message.
5. If needed, type a message to your clients in the start typing your message field.
This message will apply to all invite emails sent to the clients you previously selected.
6. Click Send.
Review Client Portal Access
Review which clients have access to the Client Portal, when the clients last logged in, and other details in the Client Portal Manager.
1. Click With portal users.
2. Filter contacts by clicking the drop-down menu.
Available filters include:
- Show all
- Show all invited but not logged in
- Show all who have logged in
3. Track your client's activity in the Client Portal by referring to the columns on the With Portal Users screen.
Canopy did not record any web sessions, or instances of Client Portal usage, until February 2018. Any web sessions prior to this will not be counted on this screen.
Send Client Portal Invites Throughout Canopy
Canopy is built to make inviting a contact to the Client Portal simple and non-disruptive to your workflow. You can invite a client to the Client Portal when creating a new contact after a contact already exists, when sending a client survey, or when sending an eSign request. Keep in mind, certain processes are available only after the purchase of certain licenses.
1. In the Client Portal window, check the box in-line with the client’s email address.
- If needed, click Add another person to add an email address.
- Type the email address of any additional recipients in the Enter the Email of a New Person textbox.
- Click Add.
- The Client Portal window will pop up as a prompt throughout various processes including, but not limited to, processes such as:
- Sending Client Requests
- Sending eSign Requests
- Making Files Visible to Clients
2. Toggle the Include a personalized message switch to add a message to the email invite.
- You can type your message in the available text field.
- If applicable, click Templates to use a message template in this field.
3. Click Send.
Send Client Portal Invites From a Contact Record
Quickly send a client portal invite from an individual Contact Record. From here, you can also remove access and resend invites to the client portal. To get started, find the contact record you want to invite.
1. Find the Client Portal section within the Contact Record.
2. Select the "+" in the Client Portal box.
3. Click the box next to the client's name.
- You can also invite others by clicking +Add another person and entering the email.
- There is also an option to include a personalized message if you so choose!
4. Select Send.
You'll see a pop-up confirming the invite was sent.
5. View the status of the invite by referring to the Client Portal section.
To view multiple statuses at a time, track them in the Manage Client Portals section of Canopy.