What's in this Article
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Engagements
- Licenses: Tax Resolution
Please Note: For the 2848 POA form to be visible in Canopy, you must be assigned the Tax Resolution module. For more information, please refer to our pricing page.
In order to request a transcript in Canopy, you should have already filled out a Power of Attorney (POA) form. To create a Power of Attorney form, you must first have created an engagement. For more information, refer to the Create an Engagement article.
Create a Power of Attorney Form
1. Click Tasks on the global navigation bar and choose Engagements from the slide-in menu.
2. Select an engagement.
3. In the left column, click Forms.
4. Click Federal.
5. Click Administrative.
6. Click the 2848 form.
7. Fill out the information in the fields provided on the screen.
- All changes are saved onto the form automatically.
- The 2848 form is separated into four sections: Taxpayer Information, Representative(s), Acts Authorized, Specific Use, Acts, and POAs.
- You can click through each section to fill out the necessary information.
8. Click View Tax Form.
- This will give you a view of the tax form itself.
- Click the Save to files icon to save the form to a contact's folder, the Download icon to download the form to your computer, or the Print icon to print this form.