Get familiar with the layout and basic functionality of Canopy.
In this article:
- Logging Into Canopy
- Using the Home Page
- Using Global Navigation Bar
- Using the Global + Button
- Locating the various modules and menus in Canopy
Logging into Canopy
To work within our system, first, you’ll need to sign in to your account. Here's how:
- Navigate to Canopy website (www.getcanopy.com) and click Log In.
- Enter your email address and your password.
- Click Sign In.
Enter the Home Page
In Canopy, your first landing spot is the Home Page or Dashboard Page. Here, you keep track of:
- Upcoming calendar events
- Tasks and due dates
- Links to important websites
As an Admin, you can see these calendar events and task progress across your firm, by clicking on the Admin tab, under your name heading.
Using the Global Navigation Bar
Let’s get to know where everything is at high-level.
To the left is the primary or global navigation bar, which contains all of your broad information for your firm. This bar stays here and is always accessible for you.
Each of these icons take you to a different module in Canopy depending what you need you to do:
- Inbox - send emails and track historical conversations with clients
- Contacts - centralizes all the information you have about your clients
- Files - your one-stop-shop for any and all documentation
- Tasks - central hub for figuring out how to manage your day.
- Time & Billing - helps you turn your tracked time into invoices, invoice clients (hourly or fixed rate), and run reports.
- Templates - the best kept secret for saving time is creating templates for emails, workflows, and file folders. All stored here ready for use!
Selecting the Global + Button
At the top is the global access or plus button and is your go-to for everything you need to get going with your firm’s work.
Click on the + button.
Here, you can find several options that are important to the overall flow of your firm:
- Creating a Task - like creating a workflow to process a 1040 return
- Adding a Contact - an individual or business you’ll be working with through the process
- Or Sending a Client Request - requesting certain information or setting up a reminder for the client.