You can create reports for any Work In Progress (WIP) you have with a client. WIP reports can be added to invoices, allowing you to bill clients at any time while working on a project rather than only once the project is complete.
Also, you are able to print WIP Reports if you prefer.
What's in this Article
- Create a Work in Progress (WIP) Report
- Link a Time Entry to an Invoice
- Manage Linked Time Entries
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Reports
- Licenses: Time & Billing
1. Click Time on the global navigation bar.
2. Select WIP Report from the slide-in menu.
3. As needed, change the date filter by clicking on the date dropdown menu.
4. Optionally, you can print WIP reports.
- Filter the list prior to printing if specific information is needed.
- Once the printer icon is selected, a new window populates. From there, choose to download or print!
Link a Time Entry to an Invoice
1. Select a Contact from the list.
2. Check all time entries you want to add to an invoice.
3. Click Add to invoice.
4. Select whether to Create a new invoice or Link to an existing invoice.
For new invoices, refer to the Create an Invoice article for more help.
5. Select an invoice on the slide-in panel.
- You may need to filter the recent invoices panel or add a recurring invoice to the selected client.
- Any invoice can be selected except for archived invoices.
6. Click Link to invoice.
The time entry will link up to the selected invoice.
Manage Linked Time Entries
1. Navigate to the Billing tab in the Contact Record.
2. Select Invoices.
3. Open the desired Invoice.
4. Click on the time entry icon.
If a time entry is applied to the invoice, this icon populates.
5. In the pop-up window, view linked time entry details.
6. To remove linked time, select time entries and click Remove.
Removing linked time in this window will only unlink the time entry to the invoice. It will not delete the time entry. To delete a time entry, follow the steps in this article!