What's in this Article
- Activate a Collections Case
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Engagements
- Licenses: Tax Resolution
- Collections cases are activated on a per-engagement basis. Once you have activated a collections case for a form on an engagement, you can continue to use as many forms as necessary for that engagement. Should you wish to use forms for a separate engagement, you will need to activate an additional collections case.
- Only forms in the Collections folder require activation.
- Legacy users are not required to activate collections cases.
Collections cases must be activated in order to be completed. Once activated, a collections case will count against your case allotment. You can purchase additional collections cases at any time in your Account Management settings. To activate a collections case, first, navigate to the Engagement Workspace of a relevant collections case Engagement in Canopy.
1. Click Forms on the Engagement Workspace sidebar.
2. Open the Federal folder.
3. Open a relevant folder.
Practice Management Only users will only see the Administrative folders. Tax Resolution users can see all available folders.
4. Select a form.
5. Fill out all necessary information for the form.
6. Click View Tax Form.
7. Click Activate case.
- If you do not have any remaining cases, a notice will pop up to prompt you to purchase more collections cases.
- You cannot Save, Print, or Download collections forms until the collections case is activated.
- You can see your remaining cases next to the Activate case button.
8. Click Proceed on the confirmation popup.
- The case will be activated and you will be able to Save, Print, or Download the collections form.
- Your Remaining cases balance will update to reflect the activated case.