What's in this Article
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Create, Edit, and Assign Work; Generic Tasks
- Licenses: Workflow
Create New Filter Views on the Tasks List
Filter views allow for fast and easy navigation of the tasks list to better find the work you need and make your work process more efficient.
Best Practice Tip: Creating new filter views is most easily done by editing a current filter view and saving the edits as a new filter view. If you need to access additional columns for the new filter view, this is best done by following the Change Visible Columns guide in the Filter the Tasks List article AFTER creating the new filter view.
1. Go to the Tasks List and select a Filter View from the Tasks Navigation bar.
2. Click on a column to apply a filter to that column.
Refer to the Filter the Tasks List article for help.
3. After applying the filters, click Save filter at the top of the page.
4. Select Save as new filter view to name and save it.
Canopy Tip: There may be times when you have several Saved Filter Views listed at the top of your Tasks List. Similar to the functionality in the Client List, the listed views are now scrollable and searchable.
Create a Copy of an Existing Filter View
Creating a copy of an existing filter view allows users to bring previously created filters to a new filter view to edit without affecting the original filter view. Filter views allow for fast navigation of the tasks list making it easier to find needed tasks on demand. To get started, click Tasks on the global navigation bar.
Best Practice Tip: Creating a new filter view from the Customize Task List Modal is best done by copying an existing filter view. This section of the guide will show you how to create a copy of a previously created filter view.
1. Click on Tasks List on the slide-in menu.
2. Click on the Options menu in the top-right corner.
3. Choose Customize task list from the menu.
4. Select Reorder filter views from the left-side column.
5. Click on the Options menu in line with the desired filter view.
6. Select Copy from the pop-out menu.
7. Go to the Options menu in-line with the copied filter view from step 6.
8. Click Rename from the pop-out menu.
9. Enter a name for the filter view.
10. Click Save.
11. Select Save and close.
The Tasks List will show the new Filter View. You can select a filter view by clicking a tab on the top of the Tasks List.