What's in this Article
- Permissions: Billing and Payments
- Licenses: Time & Billing
Service items automatically set the billing rate and other information on invoices. By adding service items for each service your practice offers, you can efficiently invoice your clients for the services given.
Create Service Items
1. To get started, click on Your Profile on the global navigation bar.
2. Choose Settings from the pop-out menu.
3. Click Billing Settings on the left-side column.
4. Click on the Service Items tab.
5. Click Add new service item.
6. Input a name for the service item in the popup window.
7. If necessary, include a description of the services offered.
8. Input a billable rate for the service item.
You can choose to have the service charge per service item, or per hour that the service item is executed.
9. Input an applicable tax rate for the service offered.
Tax rates should be entered as a percentage. This percentage will automatically be applied to the total billing rate that you set in Step 7.
10. Enter a code for the service item.
Codes can be used to better classify different services or to differentiate services of the same name according to their respective department.
11. Select an Income Account for the service item.
12. If needed, select a Product category for the service item.
13. Click Save to add the service item.
Edit Service Items
Previously created service items can be edited to update their billing details.