In this article:
- Send Bulk Client Requests
- Send Bulk Drafted Client Requests
Send Bulk Client Requests
To send a bulk action request:
- Click Clients
- Then select Client List.
- Select two or more contacts to send a request to.
Once you’ve selected the contacts you need, several icons appear in the page header, in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
This is the bulk action menu. Look for the one with a person profile with paper airplane to send bulk client requests.
The next thing you’ll see is a pop-up window with several options:
- You can add a request name (or a template you’ve created beforehand)
- You can confirm contacts that you just selected
- If any of those clients have not been invited to the client portal, those client names are displayed underneath.
- You can also appoint a priority level.
- Add an optional description in the text field
Lastly, you can:
- Assign someone from your firm
- This might be important if a team member is away from the office, you can assign another team member to keep the process going along with your client.
- Determine the client due date
- And add a client reminder
Not all fields are required, so feel free to include the options you need.
Once you are ready, click Send Now.
The request is sent to the selected clients and a popup message indicates here that your request is being created with the option to view in your activity log.
Send Bulk Drafted Client Requests
Now, let’s see this in action for drafts of client requests, which are stored in Canopy until you are ready to send.
To view your drafted client requests:
- Go to Tasks.
- Select Task Lists. Here, you can see a list of your drafts.
Also - you may see client requests in draft form in this list that you have added as subtasks to a task workflow. You will have the ability to send those requests all at once without opening every task individually, which saves you a lot of time. Nice!
You can locate and verify Drafts under the Status column, with the light brown circle next to it, where it says Draft.
To make this process easier, let’s apply a filter first:
- Click on the dropdown arrow in the Status column
- Select Draft
- Click Apply Filter
Now, you should only see Drafts in your task list.
To select multiple requests:
- Hold your Shift key on your keyboard while clicking to select the client requests you want to send.
- Then, right-click to open the actions menu.
- In the menu, select send client requests
A pop-up window appears and displays a list of all the clients you plan to send the requests to. It also displays any clients that have not yet been invited to a client portal.
Once you’ve reviewed the list, you can go ahead and select Send.
Now, all those drafted client requests are sent to your clients that have previously been sent an invitation to or logged into their client portal.